Subject: Re: How to move from /ppc/ to /powerpc/

From: Fredrik Roubert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 16:49:48 +0200

On Mon 25 Sep 20:59 CEST 2006, Matthew McClintock wrote:

> Can you verify the flat device tree passed to the kernel is correct?
> Specifically these properties:
>
>                 timebase-frequency = <0>;       // from bootloader
>                 bus-frequency = <0>;            // from bootloader
>                 clock-frequency = <0>;          // from bootloader

Right on target! These values were not set up correctly, and after
fixing that I can now boot an unmodified powerpc 2.6.18 kernel.

Thank you so very much!

Are your flat device tree patches going to be included in the mainline
U-Boot in the future, or is it likely that some other method will be
used?

Cheers // Fredrik Roubert

-- 
Visserij 192  |  +32 473 344527 / +46 708 776974
BE-9000 Gent  |  http://www.df.lth.se/~roubert/