Subject: Re: [PATCH] Use check_legacy_ioport() for ISAPnP

From: Olaf Hering <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 11:38:53 +0200

On Wed, Sep 27, Olaf Hering wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 27, David Woodhouse wrote:
> 
> > And did you fix the case of PCI parallel ports? We only want to do the
> > check_legacy_ioport() thing for the 'default' built-in ports, not for
> > all ports.
> 
> I have to check if my multiport IO card still works, but I'm sure it
> will.

The new check in parport_pc_init() will prevent the probing of PCI
devices. I guess the correct fix would be a sophisticated
pmac_check_legacy_ioport() that checks if baseport is available on some
PCI device:

0001:10:13.0 Serial controller: Timedia Technology Co Ltd PCI2S550 (Dual 16550 UART) (rev 01) (prog-if 02 [16550])
        Subsystem: Timedia Technology Co Ltd Unknown device 5079
        Control: I/O+ Mem- BusMaster- SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping+ SERR- FastB2B-
        Status: Cap- 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-
        Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 53
        Region 0: I/O ports at f2000800 [size=32]
        Region 2: I/O ports at f2000870 [size=8]
        Region 3: I/O ports at f2000860 [size=8]

PCI: Enabling device 0001:10:13.0 (0080 -> 0081)
PCI parallel port detected: 1409:7168, I/O at 0x870(0x860)
parport0: PC-style at 0x870 [PCSPP,TRISTATE,EPP]
lp0: using parport0 (polling).