Subject: Undefined '.bus_to_virt', '.virt_to_bus' causes compile error on Powerpc 64-bit

From: Judith Lebzelter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 14:49:54 -0700

Hello:

For the automated cross-compile builds at OSDL, powerpc 64-bit 
'allmodconfig' is failing.  The warnings/errors below appear in 
the 'modpost' stage of kernel compiles for 2.6.18 and -mm2 kernels.

Thanks;
Judith Lebzelter
OSDL

-----------

  Building modules, stage 2.
  MODPOST 1658 modules
WARNING: Can't handle masks in drivers/ata/ahci:FFFF05
WARNING: ".virt_to_bus" [sound/oss/sscape.ko] undefined!
WARNING: ".virt_to_bus" [sound/oss/sound.ko] undefined!
WARNING: ".bus_to_virt" [sound/oss/cs46xx.ko] undefined!
WARNING: ".virt_to_bus" [sound/oss/cs46xx.ko] undefined!
WARNING: ".bus_to_virt" [drivers/scsi/tmscsim.ko] undefined!
WARNING: ".bus_to_virt" [drivers/scsi/BusLogic.ko] undefined!
WARNING: ".virt_to_bus" [drivers/net/wan/lmc/lmc.ko] undefined!
WARNING: ".virt_to_bus" [drivers/message/i2o/i2o_config.ko] undefined!
WARNING: ".bus_to_virt" [drivers/block/cpqarray.ko] undefined!
WARNING: ".bus_to_virt" [drivers/atm/zatm.ko] undefined!
WARNING: ".virt_to_bus" [drivers/atm/zatm.ko] undefined!
WARNING: ".bus_to_virt" [drivers/atm/horizon.ko] undefined!
WARNING: ".virt_to_bus" [drivers/atm/firestream.ko] undefined!
WARNING: ".bus_to_virt" [drivers/atm/firestream.ko] undefined!
WARNING: ".bus_to_virt" [drivers/atm/ambassador.ko] undefined!
WARNING: ".virt_to_bus" [drivers/atm/ambassador.ko] undefined!
make[1]: *** [__modpost] Error 1
make: *** [modules] Error 2