Subject: Please pull upstream branch of linux-2.6-PQ.git...

From: Vitaly Bordug <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 22:30:54 +0400

Paul,

Please do a pull from

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/vitb/linux-2.6-PQ.git, upstream branch.

Signed-off-by: Vitaly Bordug <[email-masked]>

To receive the updated 8272 addition to the  arch/powerpc.
All the comments have been addressed, and it has a minor bugfix addressed too in order to make both pq2 and pq3
co-exist happily in fsl_soc.c. CPM PIC now has "compatible" property that could be "CPM2" or "CPM1" for PQ/8xx.

I think it should go to rc1, because relevant stuff in ppc/ is more or less broken now, with new irq engine. 

--

 arch/powerpc/Kconfig                      |    1 
 arch/powerpc/boot/dts/mpc8272ads.dts      |  223 ++++++++++
 arch/powerpc/platforms/82xx/Kconfig       |   21 
 arch/powerpc/platforms/82xx/Makefile      |    5 
 arch/powerpc/platforms/82xx/m82xx_pci.h   |   19 
 arch/powerpc/platforms/82xx/mpc82xx.c     |  111 +++++
 arch/powerpc/platforms/82xx/mpc82xx_ads.c |  661 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 arch/powerpc/platforms/82xx/pq2ads.h      |   67 +++
 arch/powerpc/sysdev/cpm2_pic.c            |    2 
 arch/powerpc/sysdev/cpm2_pic.h            |    2 
 arch/powerpc/sysdev/fsl_soc.c             |   62 ++
 11 files changed, 1165 insertions(+), 9 deletions(-)

commit 91bd61099defb28a442db358dd9c1693c6589cee
Author: Vitaly Bordug <[email-masked]>
Date:   Mon Oct 2 22:45:17 2006 +0400

    POWERPC: mpc82xx merge: board-specific/platform stuff(resend)
    
    This intruduces 82xx family in arch/powerpc/platforms,
    and has all the board-specific code to represent regression-less
    transaction from ppc. The functionality is apparently the same, including
    PCI controller.
    
    Signed-off-by: Vitaly Bordug <[email-masked]>

commit ed943c1faba53d9a0bde56007ee27762b29dccbd
Author: Vitaly Bordug <[email-masked]>
Date:   Mon Oct 2 22:41:50 2006 +0400

    POWERPC: 8272ads merge to powerpc: common stuff
    
    This has modules of common directories related to the
    mpc8272ADS board, mainly common cpm2 changes and fsl_soc.c
    portions related to the bitbang MDIO and other mechanisms specific
    for this family.
    
    Signed-off-by: Vitaly Bordug <[email-masked]>

commit e02f73e9fd69f1c6d16c207f7a91ce721fe8beab
Author: Vitaly Bordug <[email-masked]>
Date:   Mon Oct 2 22:22:36 2006 +0400

    POWERPC: Added devicetree for mpc8272ads board
    
    This adds current dts file used with MPC8272ADS,
    introducing new mdio bitbang defines, as well as
    fully-CPM2-SoC board design.
    
    Signed-off-by: Vitaly Bordug <[email-masked]>

--
Sincerely, Vitaly