Subject: [PATCH 3/21]: Spidernet module parm permissions

From: [email-masked] (Linas Vepstas)
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 15:59:02 -0500

The module param permsissions should bw read-only, not writable.

From: James K Lewis <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: James K Lewis <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Linas Vepstas <[email-masked]>
Cc: Arnd Bergmann <[email-masked]>

----
 drivers/net/spider_net.c |    4 ++--
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

Index: linux-2.6.18-mm2/drivers/net/spider_net.c
===================================================================
--- linux-2.6.18-mm2.orig/drivers/net/spider_net.c	2006-10-10 12:20:06.000000000 -0500
+++ linux-2.6.18-mm2/drivers/net/spider_net.c	2006-10-10 12:21:40.000000000 -0500
@@ -60,8 +60,8 @@ MODULE_VERSION(VERSION);
 static int rx_descriptors = SPIDER_NET_RX_DESCRIPTORS_DEFAULT;
 static int tx_descriptors = SPIDER_NET_TX_DESCRIPTORS_DEFAULT;
 
-module_param(rx_descriptors, int, 0644);
-module_param(tx_descriptors, int, 0644);
+module_param(rx_descriptors, int, 0444);
+module_param(tx_descriptors, int, 0444);
 
 MODULE_PARM_DESC(rx_descriptors, "number of descriptors used " \
 		 "in rx chains");