Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/2] ramdisk: make powerpc allmodconfig build

From: Judith Lebzelter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 11:04:47 -0700

Hi Randy,

There is another section in that function which depends on 
'CONFIG_BLK_DEV_INITRD' being defined.  Although it does not throw an
error, it does depend on some of the variables set in this section,
but not 'rd_size'.  I think for consistancy it might be better to do 
somthing like this(below)?  Or else add the same ifdef down there...

Judith

Index: 2/linux/arch/powerpc/platforms/iseries/setup.c
===================================================================
--- 2.orig/linux/arch/powerpc/platforms/iseries/setup.c	2006-10-17 10:49:31.423551104 -0700
+++ 2/linux/arch/powerpc/platforms/iseries/setup.c	2006-10-17 10:52:22.682515784 -0700
@@ -305,8 +305,10 @@
 		initrd_end = initrd_start + naca.xRamDiskSize * HW_PAGE_SIZE;
 		initrd_below_start_ok = 1;	// ramdisk in kernel space
 		ROOT_DEV = Root_RAM0;
+#if defined(CONFIG_BLK_DEV_RAM)
 		if (((rd_size * 1024) / HW_PAGE_SIZE) < naca.xRamDiskSize)
 			rd_size = (naca.xRamDiskSize * HW_PAGE_SIZE) / 1024;
+#endif /* CONFIG_BLK_DEV_RAM */
 	} else
 #endif /* CONFIG_BLK_DEV_INITRD */
 	{