Subject: Re: [PATCH -rt] powerpc update

From: Ingo Molnar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 09:28:58 +0200

* Daniel Walker <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Pay close attention to the fasteoi interrupt threading. I added usage 
> of mask/unmask instead of using level handling, which worked well on 
> PPC.

this is wrong - it should be doing mask+ack.

also note that you changed:

> -		goto out_unlock;

to:

> +		goto out;

and you even tried to hide your tracks:

>  out:
>  	desc->chip->eoi(irq);
> -out_unlock:
>  	spin_unlock(&desc->lock);

:-)

really, the ->eoi() op should only be called for true fasteoi cases. 
What we want here is to turn the fasteoi handler into a handler that 
does mask+ack and then unmask. Not 'mask+eoi ... unmask' as your patch 
does.

	Ingo