Subject: Re: [patch 13/16] powerpc: make prom_init.o dependent on PPC_OF

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 13:56:08 +0100

prom_init.o is used for OF machines, so make compilation dependent
on that and not on PPC_MULTIPLATFORM

Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <[email-masked]>

Index: arch/powerpc/kernel/Makefile
===================================================================
--- a/arch/powerpc/kernel/Makefile.orig
+++ b/arch/powerpc/kernel/Makefile
@@ -21,7 +21,7 @@ obj-$(CONFIG_PPC64)		+= setup_64.o binfm
 obj-$(CONFIG_PPC64)		+= vdso64/
 obj-$(CONFIG_ALTIVEC)		+= vecemu.o vector.o
 obj-$(CONFIG_PPC_970_NAP)	+= idle_power4.o
-obj-$(CONFIG_PPC_OF)		+= of_device.o prom_parse.o
+obj-$(CONFIG_PPC_OF)		+= of_device.o prom_parse.o prom_init.o
 procfs-$(CONFIG_PPC64)		:= proc_ppc64.o
 obj-$(CONFIG_PROC_FS)		+= $(procfs-y)
 rtaspci-$(CONFIG_PPC64)		:= rtas_pci.o
@@ -53,7 +53,6 @@ obj-y				+= time.o prom.o traps.o setup-
 				   udbg.o misc.o io.o
 obj-$(CONFIG_PPC32)		+= entry_32.o setup_32.o misc_32.o
 obj-$(CONFIG_PPC64)		+= misc_64.o dma_64.o iommu.o
-obj-$(CONFIG_PPC_MULTIPLATFORM)	+= prom_init.o
 obj-$(CONFIG_MODULES)		+= ppc_ksyms.o
 obj-$(CONFIG_BOOTX_TEXT)	+= btext.o
 obj-$(CONFIG_SMP)		+= smp.o

--
 Dipl.-Ing. Sascha Hauer | http://www.pengutronix.de
  Pengutronix - Linux Solutions for Science and Industry
    Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Hildesheim, HRA 2686
      Hannoversche Str. 2, 31134 Hildesheim, Germany
    Phone: +49-5121-206917-0 |  Fax: +49-5121-206917-9