Subject: Re: Has anyone 2.6 kernel with Xenomai and MPC5200 Lite running?

From: Matthias Fechner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 11:21:37 +0100

Hello Wolfgang,

* Wolfgang Denk <[email-masked]> [05-11-06 02:32]:
> Then just check out the 2.6.18 version of the tree.  This  is  a  git
> repo, so seeking to any version you like is a matter of seconds.

hm, I did it but was not successfully. What I did was:
git clone git://www.denx.de/git/linux-2.6-denx.git linux-2.6-denx
cd linux-2.6-denx
git checkout -b private2.6.18 v2.6.18

Now I had kernel 2.6.18 but without network :(

Is that wrong? Sry but git is completely new for me.

> You do not want this, if you're on a MPC5200. I repeat, this  is  not
> supported.

ok, that is clear but if the kernel boots fine on the board with
network and I am able to patch it with Xenomai I can live with it.

Best regards,
Matthias

-- 

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to
build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to
produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning." --
Rich Cook