Subject: Re: Has anyone 2.6 kernel with Xenomai and MPC5200 Lite running?

From: Matthias Fechner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 10:00:13 +0100

Hello Wolfgang,

* Wolfgang Grandegger <[email-masked]> [06-11-06 12:21]:
> unpack it and apply the relevant patches from the kernel-patches-target
> diretory to linux-2.6-denx#v2.6.18. I think the following patches should
> be sufficient (in that order):
> 
>    fec_mpc52xx_bestcomm.diff
>    fec_mpc52xx.diff
>    drivers_serial_mpc52xx_uart_fix.diff
>    mpc5200_physmap.diff

ok, my boards boots fine after that.

> You can find the most recent Xenomai patch 2.6.18-ppc-1.05.00 at
> "ftp://ftp.denx.de/xenomai". I'm going to test them later today with 
> Xenomai.

I applied now everything and Xenomai builds fine.
I configured now my kernel, build it but the board do not boot or at
least the console has gone.

Which bootargs you use in u-boot to boot the Xenomai kernel?
My bootargs are:
bootargs=root=/dev/nfs rw
 nfsroot=192.168.0.151:/usr/local/eldk/ppc_6xx
 ip=192.168.0.101:192.168.0.151:192.168.0.151:255.255.255.0:icecube::off
 console=ttyPSC0

You can find what I did on:
http://wiki.idefix.fechner.net/index.php/Xenomai

Thx for tips.

Best regards,
Matthias

-- 

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to
build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to
produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning." --
Rich Cook