Subject: [RFC,PATCH 0/2] Oprofile-on-Cell prereqs

From: Kevin Corry <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 08:58:11 -0600

Here are two patches that provide some prerequisites for the upcoming 
Oprofile-on-Cell patches, which Maynard Johnson will be posting.

These patches are against the 2.6.18-arnd5 tree.

1. cbe_pmu_interrupts.diff
Add routines for managing the Cell PMU interrupts.

The following routines are added to arch/powerpc/platforms/cell/pmu.c:
 cbe_clear_pm_interrupts()
 cbe_enable_pm_interrupts()
 cbe_disable_pm_interrupts()
 cbe_query_pm_interrupts()
 pm_init_IRQ()

This also adds two routines to arch/powerpc/platforms/cell/interrupt.c
to manipulate the IIC_IS and IIC_IR registers:
 iic_clear_pmi_interrupt()
 iic_set_interrupt_routing()

We are still working on how to clean up cbe_clear_pm_interrupts() and
cbe_enable_pm_interrupts() so we hopefully won't need to call the
iic_ routines (and also not need the additions to interrupt.c).

2. export_hrtimer_forward.diff
Add a symbol-export for kernel/hrtimer.c::hrtimer_forward(). This routine
is needed by the upcoming Oprofile-for-Cell patches, since Oprofile can
be built as a module.

-- 
Kevin Corry
[email-masked]
http://www.ibm.com/linux/