Subject: Re: [RFC/PATCH 0/9] More xmon cell patches

From: Arnd Bergmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 22:20:02 +0100

On Thursday 16 November 2006 08:23, Michael Ellerman wrote:
> This is an updated series of xmon cell patches, it replaces the series
> of three I sent earlier (Nov 3rd).
> 
> It fixes the xmon sparse warnings, updates 'ss, adds 'sd' and 'sdi'
> commands to xmon - and incorporates updated disassembly code. Finally
> we make the disassembly optional for folks looking for a smaller kernel.
> 
> I haven't signed-off this series, as I'm not sure whether that's the
> right thing to do for the binutils code - which I obviously didn't write.
> When I know, I'll resend with signed-offs or whatever is appropriate.
> 
> The update of the ppc-dis.c code is RFC, I just thought I'd do it while I
> was there. But I haven't tested it thoroughly.

Thanks for the update. I'll put them into my 2.6.19-rc based tree, but I
won't backport them to 2.6.18, in case anyone is wondering.

> I think you have the first three of these in CVS? The first two should be
> unchanged, but the third one has changed for the better and should probably
> be updated if possible.

I would prefer if you didn't do this, as it breaks my scripts when dealing
with multiple trees containing the same patches. Please either change the
subject of the replacement patch, or put the update into another patch
on top of it. It's no problem if your patches go right into powerpc.git,
but if you want me to forward them, I'd rather fold the patches myself.

Paul, are you taking these patches directly, or should I repost them
to you along with my other stuff for 2.6.20?

	Arnd <><