Subject: Re: [PATCH] powerpc: Fix __raw* accessors

From: Jens Osterkamp <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 14:46:02 +0100

On Tuesday 21 November 2006 11:29, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> On Tuesday 21 November 2006 02:35, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> > The new IO accessor code allows to stick a token in the top bit of MMIO
> > addresses which gets masked out during actual accesses. However, the
> > __raw_* accessors forgot to mask it out. This fixes it.
>
> Jens, you debugged the problem originally. Does this patch fix it entirely,
> or is there something else missing?

The driver basically works, but I am seeing strange im_free messages,
probably because this code is not aware of the tokens in the ioremapped 
addresses.

<6>ib_mthca: Mellanox InfiniBand HCA driver v0.08 (February 14, 2006)
<6>ib_mthca: Initializing 0002:00:00.0
<3>Trying to im_free nonexistent area (d002080080930000)
<6>ib_mthca: Initializing 0004:00:00.0
<3>Trying to im_free nonexistent area (d003080082a37000)
<4>ib_mthca 0004:00:00.0: HCA FW version 4.6.0 is old (4.7.600 is current).
<4>ib_mthca 0004:00:00.0: If you have problems, try updating your HCA FW.

Jens