Subject: powerpc.git build error

From: Rutger Nijlunsing <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 23:58:07 +0100

Hi,

While respinning my previous patch, I'm trying to (cross)compile the
PowerPC git kernel (branch master) for a UP G3 (PowerBook) which
results in compile errors:

...
  CC      arch/powerpc/kernel/crash.o
arch/powerpc/kernel/crash.c: In function 'default_machine_crash_shutdown':
arch/powerpc/kernel/crash.c:292: warning: implicit declaration of function 'hard_irq_disable'
...
arch/powerpc/kernel/built-in.o: In function `default_machine_crash_shutdown':
arch/powerpc/kernel/crash.c:292: undefined reference to `hard_irq_disable'
make: *** [.tmp_vmlinux1] Error 1

...which can be traced back to commit
d04c56f73c30a5e593202ecfcf25ed43d42363a2.

This has undoubtly to do with my config (CONFIG_PPC64=n,
CONFIG_PPC32=y); .config attached for full inspection.

-- 
Rutger Nijlunsing ---------------------------------- eludias ed dse.nl
never attribute to a conspiracy which can be explained by incompetence
----------------------------------------------------------------------