Subject: Re: powerpc.git build error

From: Rutger Nijlunsing <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 20:06:09 +0100

On Sun, Nov 26, 2006 at 05:39:43PM +1100, Michael Ellerman wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-11-25 at 23:58 +0100, Rutger Nijlunsing wrote:
[snip]
> >
> > This has undoubtly to do with my config (CONFIG_PPC64=n,
> > CONFIG_PPC32=y); .config attached for full inspection.
> 
> And CONFIG_KEXEC=y, which is not in any 32-bit defconfigs. Do you
> actually want it enabled?

Long story... I'm trying to get a completely working Lombard with all
of its features (PCMCIA wireless, suspend-to-RAM, etc.). However, this
failed. For example, currently I can only reboot into Linux with the
reset-button on the back: not very convenient. The symptons are that
it shuts down correctly, but pressing the power buttons sounds the
chime once and that's it. The screen stays blank. So I wanted to try
rebooting-with-kexec so I could try different kernels and find one
which worked completely. So, no, I don't want it enabled in a perfect
world. But we're not there yet :)

(currently setting PPC_EFIKA=y also breaks compiling, so I've disabled
it for now...)

> See my patch just posted which should fix this for you.

Thanks!

-- 
Rutger Nijlunsing ---------------------------------- eludias ed dse.nl
never attribute to a conspiracy which can be explained by incompetence
----------------------------------------------------------------------