Subject: Re: When I use ichache_enable or dcache_enable in uboot,it crash

From: 陈希 <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 10:43:28 +0800

Myabe my presentation is not clear.  The uboot has NEVER disable icache.
The icache is enable at all times.   Disable icaceh is added by me. In other
words, someone else use uboot won't disable icache. So it is the point that
the icache effect my code run in ram. I wish can find the reason. The ORx
BRx init has error or UPM table is wrong or any other reason?  BTW, if I
give up cache, uboot is OK, no other bugs are found.

-----邮件原件-----
发件人: enorm [mailto:[email-masked]] 
发送时间: 2006年12月8日 9:55
收件人: 陈希; [email-masked];
[email-masked]
抄送: 'Elvis Ma'
主题: (Rising Spam Alert)Re: When I use ichache_enable or dcache_enable in
uboot,it crash

At the end of the "board_init_f()" function all data and code will be
relocated to SDRAM. So, If you enable icache & dcache it will cause
inconsistence between cache and Memory, so your program will crash

----- Original Message -----
From: "陈希" <[email-masked]>
To: "'enorm'" <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>;
<[email-masked]>
Cc: "'Elvis Ma'" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, December 08, 2006 9:33 AM
Subject: Re: When I use ichache_enable or dcache_enable in uboot,it crash

Hi enorm

Thank you for your reply. In fact, the uboot has never disable icache. The
icache is enable at all times.And the code run in flash normally when the
icache is enable.  I have to add disable_icache() in the
board_init_f() so that the code can run in ram normally.  BTW, I just use
the function supported by uboot to enable icache&dcache, I'm sure the steps
of cache init have no problem. I just can't understand why the icache can
effect the code run in ram.

Thanks &Br,
Andy