Subject: [PATCH] powerpc fixup error message

From: [email-masked] (Linas Vepstas)
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 13:06:17 -0600

Paul,
Please apply this somewhat trite patch; it did come up in conversations.

Heads up:
I'm debugging a more serious problem for power4, concerning
multi-function adapters & eeh recovery, and would like to get that 
patch in if/when I get it figured out and fixed.

--linas

Clarify error message re EEH permanent failure.

Signed-off-by: Linas Vepstas <[email-masked]>

----
 arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/eeh_driver.c |    3 ++-
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

Index: linux-2.6.19-git7/arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/eeh_driver.c
===================================================================
--- linux-2.6.19-git7.orig/arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/eeh_driver.c	2006-12-15 17:29:10.000000000 -0600
+++ linux-2.6.19-git7/arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/eeh_driver.c	2006-12-15 17:35:27.000000000 -0600
@@ -446,7 +446,8 @@ excess_failures:
 	 */
 	printk(KERN_ERR
 	   "EEH: PCI device at location=%s driver=%s pci addr=%s \n"
-		"has failed %d times and has been permanently disabled. \n"
+		"has failed %d times in the last hour "
+		"and has been permanently disabled. \n"
 		"Please try reseating this device or replacing it.\n",
 		location, drv_str, pci_str, frozen_pdn->eeh_freeze_count);
 	goto perm_error;