Subject: [PATCH] powerpc initialize pci device channel state.

From: [email-masked] (Linas Vepstas)
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 14:00:34 -0600

Paul,
This patch is critical. Even if the last few looked to be 
of low importance, this one is not.

--linas

Initialize the pci device pci channel state. This is critical 
for having the pci_channel_offline() routine (in pci.h) to 
function correctly.

Signed-off-by: Linas Vepstas <[email-masked]>

----
 arch/powerpc/kernel/pci_64.c |    1 +
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+)

Index: linux-2.6.19-git7/arch/powerpc/kernel/pci_64.c
===================================================================
--- linux-2.6.19-git7.orig/arch/powerpc/kernel/pci_64.c	2006-12-19 13:50:53.000000000 -0600
+++ linux-2.6.19-git7/arch/powerpc/kernel/pci_64.c	2006-12-19 13:53:29.000000000 -0600
@@ -360,6 +360,7 @@ struct pci_dev *of_create_pci_dev(struct
 	DBG("    class: 0x%x\n", dev->class);
 
 	dev->current_state = 4;		/* unknown power state */
+	dev->error_state = pci_channel_io_normal;
 
 	if (!strcmp(type, "pci") || !strcmp(type, "pciex")) {
 		/* a PCI-PCI bridge */