Subject: Re: libfdt - flat tree manipulation library

From: David Gibson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 12:32:07 +1100

On Tue, Jan 02, 2007 at 04:29:51PM -0700, Mark A. Greer wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 27, 2006 at 04:59:05PM +1100, David Gibson wrote:
> > So, Mark Greer has already written some library functions for
> > handling flat device trees, which are included in
> > arch/powerpc/boot/flatdevtree.c (but could be used elsewhere).  For
> > several reasons, I don't like the interface very much though.  So,
> > here's my own somewhat different approach to a flat device tree
> > library.  Read-only and some very limited write functions so far -
> > more complete read-write support still in progress (some prototypes
> > are there already).
> 
> Hi David.
> 
> I've been on other things for the last several weeks and haven't kept up
> with all the volume on linuxppc-dev sooo this may be a stupid question...
> 
> Have you done any work integrating libfdt into the arch/powerpc/boot
> yet?  If so, can you point me to whatever you have?

No, not yet.  I had been hoping to get a little more feedback and with
luck stabilize the interface a bit more before merging into the
kernel.

-- 
David Gibson			| I'll have my music baroque, and my code
david AT gibson.dropbear.id.au	| minimalist, thank you.  NOT _the_ _other_
				| _way_ _around_!
http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson