Subject: Re: [Libhugetlbfs-devel] 2.6.19: kernel BUG in hugepd_page at arch/powerpc/mm/hugetlbpage.c:58!

From: David Gibson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 09:43:48 +1100

On Fri, Jan 12, 2007 at 03:42:50PM -0500, Sonny Rao wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 12, 2007 at 02:08:30PM -0600, Adam Litke wrote:
> > On Fri, 2007-01-12 at 14:57 -0500, Sonny Rao wrote:
> > > (Apologies if this is a re-post)
> > > 
> > > Hi, I was running 2.6.19 and running some benchmarks using
> > > libhugetlbfs (1.0.1) and I can fairly reliably trigger this bug:
> > 
> > Is this triggered by a libhugetlbfs test case?  If so, which one?
> 
> Ok so the testsuite all passed except for "slbpacaflush" which said
> "PASS (inconclusive)" ... not sure if that is expected or not. 

I used "PASS (inconclusive)" to mean: you're probably ok, but the bug
in question is non-deterministically triggered, so maybe we just got
lucky.

This testcase attempts to trigger a bunch of times (50?), but the
conditions are sufficiently dicey that a false PASS is still a
realistic possibility (I've seen it happen, but not often).  Some
other tests (e.g. alloc-instantiate-race) are technically
non-deterministic too, but I've managed to device trigger conditions
which are reliable in practice, those tests report plain PASS.

-- 
David Gibson			| I'll have my music baroque, and my code
david AT gibson.dropbear.id.au	| minimalist, thank you.  NOT _the_ _other_
				| _way_ _around_!
http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson