Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/5] [POWERPC] cpm2: CPM2 interrupt controller fix

From: Vitaly Bordug <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 00:42:03 +0300

On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 08:13:08 +1100
Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

> 
> > Compilation fails on locating various CPM-related defines, that
> > used to be in ppc/io.h. So, not to mangle new io.h I've added
> > mpc8260.h to have them defined there. This is not that beautiful,
> > but stuff that is claimed to be supported should work and at least
> > not bail out the compiler :).
> > 
> > I have appropriate fix in the queue, that gets rid of global IMMAP
> > pointer yet keeping ppc happy, but the patch is to significant to
> > get into the current kernel.
> 
> What about an fsl_cpm.h instead if that CPM exists on more than just
> 8260 ? (If not, that's ok then)

Because other than cpm-related that are common, it has some
board-specific defines,
that are accomplished old-way by

+#if defined(CONFIG_PQ2ADS) || defined (CONFIG_PQ2FADS) 
+#include <platforms/82xx/pq2ads.h>
+#endif                                                

That was pointed out by Kumar already, but he agreed that proper approach is much more significant to 
be considered as bugfix.

After my forthcoming CPM cleanup series we'll be able to get rid of this header... Well, most of it at least, I need to 
double-check. Anyway, this approach is the closest to what have been hit by the io.h removal (just peek into ppc/ version :) )	

Thanks
--
Sincerely, Vitaly