Subject: Re: Mac devices on PREP

From: Brad Boyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 14:24:03 -0800

On Sun, Jan 28, 2007 at 01:01:26PM +0100, Bastian Blank wrote:
> Currently, the whole bunch of macintosh devices (drivers/macintosh) are
> listed to be available on all ppc variants. Some of them does not build
> for prep.
> 
> The attached patch restricts the whole bunch to PPC_PMAC. I'm not sure
> if this is the correct fix.

I don't know if it still works, but there used to be support for
ADB on CHRP hardware. I don't have any such hardware to check, so
someone else will have to comment on that. This is one reason I
suggested moving ADB out of drivers/macintosh, but at the time
there was disagreement on that and I never finished the patch I
was work on anyway.

Perhaps it should be (PPC_PMAC || PPC_CHRP || MAC) instead as a
simple fix to prevent it from building on prep.

	Brad Boyer
	[email-masked]