Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/6] MSI portability cleanups

From: Ingo Molnar <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 22:26:18 +0100

* Eric W. Biederman <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I'm not arguing against an operations based approach.  I'm arguing for 
> simple obviously correct steps, and not throwing the baby out with the 
> bath water.
> 
> My patches should be a precursor to an operations based approach
> because they are simple step from where we are now.

yeah. I'd say your approach is to go from A to B:

  [A] -----------------------------------------------------> [B]
                                                              |
                                                             [C]

while there might be some other arguments that "no, lets go to C 
instead", i say lets not throw away the already implemented and already 
working and nicely layered [A]->[B] transition, just because there's an 
argument whether the end result should be 'B' or 'C'. Unless someone who 
wants to see 'C' produces a patchset that walks the whole way i dont see 
any reason to not go with your patchset. It clearly removes alot of 
cruft.

Acked-by: Ingo Molnar <[email-masked]>

	Ingo