Subject: [dtc] Remove check for linux,platform property in /chosen

From: David Gibson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 15:30:59 +1100

Jon, please apply:

The linux,platform property in /chosen was obsolete almost as soon as
it was invented.  Remove the check for it from dtc, which just tends
to lead to irritating spurious failures.  

Signed-off-by: David Gibson <[email-masked]>

Index: dtc/livetree.c
===================================================================
--- dtc.orig/livetree.c	2007-01-29 15:16:45.000000000 +1100
+++ dtc/livetree.c	2007-01-29 15:20:43.000000000 +1100
@@ -568,8 +568,6 @@ static int check_chosen(struct node *roo
 		return 0;
 	}
 
-	CHECK_HAVE_ONECELL(chosen, "linux,platform");
-
 	CHECK_HAVE_WARN_STRING(chosen, "bootargs");
 	CHECK_HAVE_WARN_STRING(chosen, "linux,stdout-path");
 	CHECK_HAVE_WARN_PHANDLE(chosen, "interrupt-controller", root);

-- 
David Gibson			| I'll have my music baroque, and my code
david AT gibson.dropbear.id.au	| minimalist, thank you.  NOT _the_ _other_
				| _way_ _around_!
http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson