Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/9] ps3: AV Settings Driver

From: Christoph Hellwig <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 17:15:02 +0100

On Mon, Jan 29, 2007 at 03:10:16PM +0100, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Jan 2007, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> > Btw, the Kconfig and/or top of file comment really needs a better
> > explanation what this "driver" is for.  I also wonder why it's
> 
> What about `PS3 AV settings driver library' instead of `PS3 AV controller
> support'?

Makes a little more sense, yes.

> We can make FB_PS3 (and SND_PS3 later) select PS3_PS3AV. Is that better?
> I prefer not to make it unconditional, as people who want to run their PS3s
> headless don't need it.

Ok.  Even better would be handling it on the makefile level, by doing

obj-$(CONFIG_FB_PS3)	+= ps3_av.o
obj-$(CONFIG_SND_PS3)	+= ps3_av.o

> I guess you want us to do the same for the virtual uart, i.e. let PS3_PS3AV and
> PS3_SYS_MANAGER select PS3_VUART?

Yes, that probably makes sense aswell.