Subject: Re: [PATCH 16/18] bootwrapper: Add dt_ops methods.

From: David Gibson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 18:02:05 +1100

On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at 09:01:17PM +0100, Segher Boessenkool wrote:
> > +static void *ft_finddevice_rel(const void *phandle, const char *name)
> > +{
> > +	return ft_find_device_rel(&cxt, phandle, name);
> > +}
> 
> Seeing all these...  wouldn't it be better to make "cxt"
> an implicit parameter to all the ft_ functions?  It's not
> like you'll ever be dealing with more than one tree ;-)

Not necessarily true.  I'm contemplating some wrapper setups that
would involve selecting from one of several possible pre-built trees
depending on some id from the firmware.  Or even grafting several
trees together.

-- 
David Gibson			| I'll have my music baroque, and my code
david AT gibson.dropbear.id.au	| minimalist, thank you.  NOT _the_ _other_
				| _way_ _around_!
http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson