Subject: Re: [PATCH 15/16] Add device tree for Ebony

From: David Gibson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 10:32:18 +1100

On Wed, Feb 14, 2007 at 10:12:18PM +0100, Segher Boessenkool wrote:
[snip]
> The device_type represents the programming model of the
> device (programming model for OF).  Each type of bus has
> its own programming model.  Your suggestion makes sense
> for bus bridges that are 100% transparent -- same address
> domain on both sides, completely identical ordering rules,
> no configuration whatsoever.  I've never seen such a bus.

With that I think you convinced me to use separate device_type values
for each of the internal busses: if we had one of these with an actual
OF client interface, it's quite possible they would need different OF
interface models (for, e.g., changing the arbitration settings for the
OPB).

-- 
David Gibson			| I'll have my music baroque, and my code
david AT gibson.dropbear.id.au	| minimalist, thank you.  NOT _the_ _other_
				| _way_ _around_!
http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson