Subject: [PATCH] lpfc: avoid double-free during PCI error failure

From: [email-masked] (Linas Vepstas)
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 16:19:11 -0600

Bino, James,
Please review, sign-off and forward upstream.

--linas

If a PCI error is detected that cannot be recovered from, there
will be a double call of lpfc_pci_remove_one(), with the second call
resulting in a null-pointer dereference. The first call occurs in 
lpfc_io_error_detected(), and the second call during pci device 
remove. This patch eliminates the first call; its un-needed.

Signed-off-by: Linas Vepstas <[email-masked]>

----
 drivers/scsi/lpfc/lpfc_init.c |    5 ++---
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)

Index: linux-2.6.20-git16/drivers/scsi/lpfc/lpfc_init.c
===================================================================
--- linux-2.6.20-git16.orig/drivers/scsi/lpfc/lpfc_init.c	2007-03-08 15:57:40.000000000 -0600
+++ linux-2.6.20-git16/drivers/scsi/lpfc/lpfc_init.c	2007-03-08 16:03:18.000000000 -0600
@@ -1817,10 +1817,9 @@ static pci_ers_result_t lpfc_io_error_de
 	struct lpfc_sli *psli = &phba->sli;
 	struct lpfc_sli_ring  *pring;
 
-	if (state == pci_channel_io_perm_failure) {
-		lpfc_pci_remove_one(pdev);
+	if (state == pci_channel_io_perm_failure)
 		return PCI_ERS_RESULT_DISCONNECT;
-	}
+
 	pci_disable_device(pdev);
 	/*
 	 * There may be I/Os dropped by the firmware.