Subject: Problem in compiling a kernel module

From: Matthias Fechner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 18:00:31 +0100

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right list, so please correct me.

If have written a kernel module to read a I2C chip (it's very basic
now and I try to understand some thinks first so please forgive some
stupid questions).

I copied it to drivers/i2c/chips and added it into the Makefile with
the following line:
obj-m += max6633.o

If I try now to compile to kernel I got the following error message:
WARNING: drivers/i2c/chips/max6633.o - Section mismatch: reference to
.init.data: from .text after 'cleanup_module' (at offset 0x196)
WARNING: drivers/i2c/chips/max6633.o - Section mismatch: reference to
.init.data: from .text after 'cleanup_module' (at offset 0x1a6)
WARNING: drivers/i2c/chips/max6633.o - Section mismatch: reference to
.init.data: from .text after 'cleanup_module' (at offset 0x1da)
WARNING: drivers/i2c/chips/max6633.o - Section mismatch: reference to
.init.data: from .text after 'cleanup_module' (at offset 0x1e2)

What does that mean or how can debug or solve the problem?

Best regards,
Matthias

-- 

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to
build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to
produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning." --
Rich Cook