Subject: Re: [PATCH] Complain about missing system calls.

From: Andrew Morton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 16:42:43 -0700

On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 23:01:13 +0000
David Woodhouse <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Most system calls seem to get added to i386 first. This patch
> automatically generates a warning for any new system call which is
> implemented on i386 but not the architecture currently being compiled.
> On PowerPC at the moment, for example, it results in these warnings:
> init/missing_syscalls.h:935:3: warning: #warning syscall sync_file_range not implemented
> init/missing_syscalls.h:947:3: warning: #warning syscall getcpu not implemented
> init/missing_syscalls.h:950:3: warning: #warning syscall epoll_pwait not implemented

hm, did you try running this on x86_64?

In file included from init/missing_syscalls.c:73:
init/missing_syscalls.h:23:3: warning: #warning syscall waitpid not implemented
init/missing_syscalls.h:68:3: warning: #warning syscall umount not implemented
init/missing_syscalls.h:77:3: warning: #warning syscall stime not implemented
init/missing_syscalls.h:104:3: warning: #warning syscall nice not implemented
init/missing_syscalls.h:146:3: warning: #warning syscall signal not implemented
init/missing_syscalls.h:203:3: warning: #warning syscall sigaction not implemented
init/missing_syscalls.h:206:3: warning: #warning syscall sgetmask not implemented
init/missing_syscalls.h:209:3: warning: #warning syscall ssetmask not implemented
init/missing_syscalls.h:218:3: warning: #warning syscall sigsuspend not implemented
init/missing_syscalls.h:221:3: warning: #warning syscall sigpending not implemented
init/missing_syscalls.h:269:3: warning: #warning syscall readdir not implemented
init/missing_syscalls.h:308:3: warning: #warning syscall socketcall not implemented
init/missing_syscalls.h:353:3: warning: #warning syscall ipc not implemented
init/missing_syscalls.h:359:3: warning: #warning syscall sigreturn not implemented
init/missing_syscalls.h:380:3: warning: #warning syscall sigprocmask not implemented
init/missing_syscalls.h:404:3: warning: #warning syscall bdflush not implemented
init/missing_syscalls.h:422:3: warning: #warning syscall _llseek not implemented
init/missing_syscalls.h:428:3: warning: #warning syscall _newselect not implemented
init/missing_syscalls.h:800:3: warning: #warning syscall statfs64 not implemented
init/missing_syscalls.h:803:3: warning: #warning syscall fstatfs64 not implemented
init/missing_syscalls.h:947:3: warning: #warning syscall getcpu not implemented
init/missing_syscalls.h:950:3: warning: #warning syscall epoll_pwait not implemented
init/missing_syscalls.h:953:3: warning: #warning syscall lutimesat not implemented
init/missing_syscalls.h:956:3: warning: #warning syscall revokeat not implemented
init/missing_syscalls.h:959:3: warning: #warning syscall frevoke not implemented