Subject: [PATCH 4/5] remove awacs dmasound

From: Johannes Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 19:18:04 +0100

This patch kills the obsolete awacs dmasound because it is in
the way of doing power management improvements since it uses
ancient API.

Signed-off-by: Johannes Berg <[email-masked]>
Cc: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Cc: Adrian Bunk <[email-masked]>

---
In addition to applying this patch please
 git-rm sound/oss/dmasound/awacs_defs.h
 git-rm sound/oss/dmasound/dac3550a.c
 git-rm sound/oss/dmasound/dmasound_awacs.c
 git-rm sound/oss/dmasound/tas3001c.c
 git-rm sound/oss/dmasound/tas3001c.h
 git-rm sound/oss/dmasound/tas3001c_tables.c
 git-rm sound/oss/dmasound/tas3004.c
 git-rm sound/oss/dmasound/tas3004.h
 git-rm sound/oss/dmasound/tas3004_tables.c
 git-rm sound/oss/dmasound/tas_common.c
 git-rm sound/oss/dmasound/tas_common.h
 git-rm sound/oss/dmasound/tas_eq_prefs.h
 git-rm sound/oss/dmasound/tas_ioctl.h
 git-rm sound/oss/dmasound/trans_16.c

 sound/oss/dmasound/Kconfig           |   14 
 sound/oss/dmasound/Makefile          |    6 
 sound/oss/dmasound/awacs_defs.h      |  251 --
 sound/oss/dmasound/dac3550a.c        |  209 --
 sound/oss/dmasound/dmasound_awacs.c  | 3187 -----------------------------------
 sound/oss/dmasound/tas3001c.c        |  849 ---------
 sound/oss/dmasound/tas3001c.h        |   64 
 sound/oss/dmasound/tas3001c_tables.c |  375 ----
 sound/oss/dmasound/tas3004.c         | 1138 ------------
 sound/oss/dmasound/tas3004.h         |   77 
 sound/oss/dmasound/tas3004_tables.c  |  301 ---
 sound/oss/dmasound/tas_common.c      |  213 --
 sound/oss/dmasound/tas_common.h      |  284 ---
 sound/oss/dmasound/tas_eq_prefs.h    |   24 
 sound/oss/dmasound/tas_ioctl.h       |   24 
 sound/oss/dmasound/trans_16.c        |  898 ---------
 16 files changed, 7914 deletions(-)

--- linux-2.6.orig/sound/oss/dmasound/Makefile	2007-03-19 19:14:52.773321419 +0100
+++ linux-2.6/sound/oss/dmasound/Makefile	2007-03-19 19:15:10.443321419 +0100
@@ -2,12 +2,6 @@
 # Makefile for the DMA sound driver
 #
 
-dmasound_pmac-y			+= dmasound_awacs.o \
-				   trans_16.o dac3550a.o tas_common.o \
-				   tas3001c.o tas3001c_tables.o \
-				   tas3004.o tas3004_tables.o
-
 obj-$(CONFIG_DMASOUND_ATARI)	+= dmasound_core.o dmasound_atari.o
-obj-$(CONFIG_DMASOUND_PMAC)	+= dmasound_core.o dmasound_pmac.o
 obj-$(CONFIG_DMASOUND_PAULA)	+= dmasound_core.o dmasound_paula.o
 obj-$(CONFIG_DMASOUND_Q40)	+= dmasound_core.o dmasound_q40.o
--- linux-2.6.orig/sound/oss/dmasound/Kconfig	2007-03-19 19:14:53.523321419 +0100
+++ linux-2.6/sound/oss/dmasound/Kconfig	2007-03-19 19:15:10.533321419 +0100
@@ -12,20 +12,6 @@ config DMASOUND_ATARI
 	  want). If you want to compile it as a module, say M here and read
 	  <file:Documentation/kbuild/modules.txt>.
 
-config DMASOUND_PMAC
-	tristate "PowerMac DMA sound support"
-	depends on PPC32 && PPC_PMAC && SOUND && I2C && OBSOLETE_OSS
- 	select DMASOUND
-	help
-	  If you want to use the internal audio of your PowerMac in Linux,
-	  answer Y to this question. This will provide a Sun-like /dev/audio,
-	  compatible with the Linux/i386 sound system. Otherwise, say N.
-
-	  This driver is also available as a module ( = code which can be
-	  inserted in and removed from the running kernel whenever you
-	  want). If you want to compile it as a module, say M here and read
-	  <file:Documentation/kbuild/modules.txt>.
-
 config DMASOUND_PAULA
 	tristate "Amiga DMA sound support"
 	depends on (AMIGA || APUS) && SOUND

--