Subject: Re: [PATCH 8/15] zImage: Cleanup and improve zImage entry point

From: David Gibson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 11:45:27 +1100

On Mon, Mar 19, 2007 at 10:06:01AM -0500, Scott Wood wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 17, 2007 at 12:38:59PM +1100, David Gibson wrote:
> > On Fri, Mar 16, 2007 at 11:21:35AM -0500, Scott Wood wrote:
> > > One problem with that is that the wrapper currently only accepts one
> > > platform .o file -- and presumably one isn't going to want to do all of
> > > the platform code in assembly.
> > 
> > Um.. nobody does it yet, but I don't think there's actually any reason
> > that $platformo can't be set to a list of multiple .o files.
> 
> Sorry, I was thinking about the default generation of a .o file from the
> platform name.  Obviously, the wrapper script can add to platformo.
> 
> Still, I think it'd be better to only stick something other than crt0 at
> the beginning if the platform explicitly asks for it.

The trouble is that's more difficult to arrange, i.e. it requires
splitting the platform information across more places.  The nice thing
about the current thing is that crt0.S is included just based on what
the symbols the platformo defines.

-- 
David Gibson			| I'll have my music baroque, and my code
david AT gibson.dropbear.id.au	| minimalist, thank you.  NOT _the_ _other_
				| _way_ _around_!
http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson