Subject: Re: Howto read I2C on MPC5200 Lite

From: Matthias Fechner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 09:34:11 +0100

Hi,

* Matthias Fechner <[email-masked]> [17-03-07 09:57]:
> ok, I can confirm that this patch fixes the problem for me too.
> I was now able to read my I2C sensor 97388 successfully and only 2814
> readfailures happened.
> That means an errorrate of 2.8% that is ok for me.

I found now when it happens or better when it not happens.

I boot my icecube board via NFS. If the board is up and I unplug the
network I get no read errors.
If the network is connected (NFS server responding) I got read errors
on I2C with a rate of approximatly 3-4%.
Seems to be a problem with the network driver.

Best regards,
Matthias

-- 

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to
build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to
produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning." --
Rich Cook