Subject: Re: [PATCH] Remove bogus errors from check_chosen.

From: David Gibson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 14:31:58 +1100

On Thu, Mar 22, 2007 at 11:11:09AM -0500, Scott Wood wrote:
> It is not an error for /chosen (or any of its children) to be missing.
> 
> It is not a requirement that the output of dtc be a complete, valid
> device tree, as it may be intended that the dtb be passed through boot
> code that will complete it.  Thus, do not complain.

I'm not 100% comfortable with this patch; I'd like for dtc to have the
facility to do more-or-less complete tree validation.  However, as you
point out it's really irritating right now, so I think removing the
check is the best approach for now.  If I ever get around to
implementing a decent error/warning handling framework for dtc, then
more complete checking can go back in under the right circumstances.
 
> Signed-off-by: Scott Wood <[email-masked]>

Acked-by: David Gibson <[email-masked]>

-- 
David Gibson			| I'll have my music baroque, and my code
david AT gibson.dropbear.id.au	| minimalist, thank you.  NOT _the_ _other_
				| _way_ _around_!
http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson