Subject: Re: mpc5200 linux 2.4 wakeup interrupt problem

From: Domen Puncer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 08:27:06 +0200

On 20/04/07 15:07 -0700, RonLee wrote:
> 
> Hello,
>  
> I am running linux on a mpc5200 chip and Im having problems with the
> mpc5200's simple and wakeup interrupts.  The version of Linux I am starting
> with is linuxppc_2_4_devel_1_0_0 from Denx.  Modifications have been made to
> the kernel, but none for enabling the wakeup register set and/or the wakeup
> interrupts.
>  
> Does a patch exist to enable this behavior?  Can anyone point me in the
> right direction if I would like to enable the wakeup interrupts myself?
>  
> I noticed the behavior when attempting to write a device driver to interface
> with the psc1_4 pin on the mpc5200 chip.  I am able to get the chip to
> generate interrupts, but when the interrupts occur I get the following error
> message in /proc/kmsg "Unhandled interrupt c, disabled".  After getting this
> error, I installed an interrupt handler on IRQ 12 (hex c).  This caused the
> kernel to lock up.

Maybe you forgot to acknowledge the IRQ (and so it always reenters your
handler). For gpio wakeup interrupts see wkup_istat (MBAR+0xc24).

HTH

	Domen
> Thanks for any help,
> -Ron