Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/4] Add support for 750CL Holly board

From: Arnd Bergmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 02:09:21 +0200

On Saturday 05 May 2007, Josh Boyer wrote:
> > 
> > It would be very easy to take tsi108_setup_pci take the config base as
> > a function paramter and pass it in from the board setup code, and store
> > it in a static variable to be used for the tsi108_clear_pci_cfg_error
> > function.
> > 
> > That'd easily make the code multiplatform friendly without having to
> > add it to the device tree. Very few other platforms have the config base
> > address in there, if any. It shouldn't be a requirement that Holly has it.
> 
> Yeah, after thinking about it, that's what I plan on doing actually.
> 

Yes, sounds fair enough. The more interesting bits to clean up in the
driver are to convert it to an of_platform_driver and to use phylib, and
then autodetecting this will be trivial, and until then hardcoding in the
board setup seems a good solution.

	Arnd <><