Subject: Re: powerpc: Remove use of 4level-fixup.h for ppc32

From: David Gibson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 15:47:45 +1000

On Mon, May 07, 2007 at 03:35:27PM +1000, David Gibson wrote:
> For 32-bit systems, powerpc still relies on the 4level-fixup.h hack,
> to pretend that the generic pagetable handling stuff is 3-levels
> rather than 4.  This patch removes this, instead using the newer
> pgtable-nopmd.h to handle the elision of both the pud and pmd
> pagetable levels (ppc32 pagetables are actually 2 levels).
> 
> This removes a little extraneous code, and makes it more easily
> compared to the 64-bit pagetable code.
> 
> Signed-off-by: David Gibson <[email-masked]>

Urg.. forgot to mention.  This patch is dependent (textually, not
conceptually) on my earlier patch abolishing PTE_FMT.

-- 
David Gibson			| I'll have my music baroque, and my code
david AT gibson.dropbear.id.au	| minimalist, thank you.  NOT _the_ _other_
				| _way_ _around_!
http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson