Subject: Re: [PATCH] fix celleb link failure

From: Christoph Hellwig <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 12:37:52 +0200

On Wed, May 16, 2007 at 04:14:31PM +0900, Ishizaki Kou wrote:
> NACK.
> 
> Thanks for pointing it out. But this fix is still wrong.
> early_serial_txx9_setup is availble if CONFIG_SERIAL_TXX9=y.

You're right.  I've updated the patch to only build scc_sio.o
only if CONFIG_SERIAL_TXX9 is set.  This works because
CONFIG_SERIAL_TXX9 can't be modular currently.

> > -#ifdef CONFIG_SERIAL_TXX9_CONSOLE
> >  		req.membase = ioremap(req.mapbase, 0x24);
> > -#endif
> >  		req.irq = irq_create_of_mapping(irq.controller,
> >  			irq.specifier, irq.size);
> >  		req.flags |= UPF_IOREMAP | UPF_BUGGY_UART
> /*HAVE_CTS_LINE*/;
> 
> And we need these #ifdef and #endif.

Ok, dropped.

Index: linux-2.6.20/arch/powerpc/platforms/celleb/Makefile
===================================================================
--- linux-2.6.20.orig/arch/powerpc/platforms/celleb/Makefile	2007-05-16 11:36:28.000000000 +0200
+++ linux-2.6.20/arch/powerpc/platforms/celleb/Makefile	2007-05-16 11:36:41.000000000 +0200
@@ -4,5 +4,5 @@ obj-y				+= interrupt.o iommu.o setup.o 
 
 obj-$(CONFIG_SMP)		+= smp.o
 obj-$(CONFIG_PPC_UDBG_BEAT)	+= udbg_beat.o
-obj-$(CONFIG_HAS_TXX9_SERIAL)	+= scc_sio.o
+obj-$(CONFIG_SERIAL_TXX9)	+= scc_sio.o
 obj-$(CONFIG_SPU_BASE)		+= spu_priv1.o