Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix interrupt distribution in ppc970

From: Mohan Kumar M <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 23:37:01 +0530

On Sun, Jun 10, 2007 at 08:58:10PM -0500, Milton Miller wrote:
> The code is structured cleanly.  However, when testing this patch, I 
> found (1) you printed the mask as a cpulist instead of a cpumask.  
> Since the user writes a cpumask to /proc/irq/xx/smp_affinity, it would 
> make more sense to print a mask in the error message.
>

I can change it to use cpumask print instead of cpulist print.
 
> However, this is all mute because (2) the common in /kenrel/irq/proc.c 
> checks that a cpu in the mask is online and returns -EINVAL to the user 
> without calling the ->set_affinity hook (we have no select_smp_affinity 
> hook arch code).   Unless there is another path to call ->set_affinity, 
> we can only trigger the case of no online cpu by racing between setting 
> the affinity and taking a cpu offline.
>

As you said, we can remove the extra check in get_irq_server function.

Any other thoughts?

> Does anyone know of another path to set the affinity?  If not I would 
> remove this extra logic and change the behavior from ignore to set to 
> default server.
>