Subject: Re: [patch 4/6] ps3: Disk Storage Driver

From: Christoph Hellwig <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 07:43:24 +0200

On Fri, Jun 15, 2007 at 01:39:23PM +0200, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> From: Geert Uytterhoeven <[email-masked]>
> 
> Add a Disk Storage Driver for the PS3:
>   - Implemented as a block device driver with a dynamic major
>   - Disk names (and partitions) are of the format ps3d%c(%u)
>   - Uses software scatter-gather with a 64 KiB bounce buffer as the hypervisor
>     doesn't support scatter-gather

Looks good to me.  Only nitpicks are:

 - ps3disk_priv should probably be an inline function instead of a macro
 - ps3disk_open is not needed at all and should be removed completely.
 - please remove PS3DISK_MAJOR - and just pass 0 to register_blkdev.
   Passing 0 to get an unassigned dev_t range is the normal convention
   and giving it a suprising symbolic names makes reading the code a
   little harder.  
 - put_disk in ps3disk_remove should be done after you finished tearing
   down the device, not before
 - calling free_irq directly followed by request_irq in ps3disk_probe
   looks rather dumb.  I'd rather move the request_irq out of
   ps3stor_setup into the low-level driver.