Subject: Re: [patch 5/6] ps3: ROM Storage Driver

From: Christoph Hellwig <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 07:51:58 +0200

Looks pretty nice.

Some more comments:

 - no need for the BLK_DEV_SR dependency, it should depend on SCSI
   instead (which might be implied by beeing in the scsi menu, don't
   remember that detail)
 - ps3rom_priv should probably be an inline
 - the cmd field in struct ps3rom_private should probably be renamed
   to curr_cmd or something along the line to make sure this is the
   current command we deal with and the driver can only deal with one
   command at a time.
 - The comment in ps3rom_queuecommand should explain why we prefer
   lv1_storage_{read,write} over just sending down the scsi cdb,
   not just that we prefer it.
 - I don't think you need to decode the 6 byte commands at all,
   ATAPI only has the 10 byte variants and you can tell the scsi
   layer not to ever send the 6 byte ones by setting the use_10_for_rw
   flag in ->slave_configure
 - same comment about the free_irq/request_irq pair as in the disk
   driver.
 - please use the new shost_priv helper in scsi-misc for accessing
   the hostdata file in struct Scsi_Host so that the ugly casts
   can go away.