Subject: Re: dtc: Remove redundant copy of the GPL

From: David Gibson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 12:35:22 +1000

On Mon, Jun 25, 2007 at 09:33:06PM -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 26, 2007 at 11:44:49AM +1000, David Gibson wrote:
> > The dtc tree currently includes two copies of the GPL - one which was
> > there originally, and one imported from the libfdt tree.  This patch
> > gets rid of the extra copy in the libfdt tree.
> > 
> > In addition it renames the file containing the remaining copy from
> > COPYING to GPL.  Since libfdt is dual-licensed, this seems clearer.
> 
> You might want to remove the mysterious reference to the LGPL in the
> EXTRA_DIST variable in the Makefile while you're at it.

I have another patch coming which revamps the Makefiles, including get
of that hangover (it's there because I stole the Makefiles from
libhugetlbfs which is LGPL).

-- 
David Gibson			| I'll have my music baroque, and my code
david AT gibson.dropbear.id.au	| minimalist, thank you.  NOT _the_ _other_
				| _way_ _around_!
http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson