Subject: Re: [patch 1/9] move 82xx/83xx/86xx Kconfig options to platform selection

From: Arnd Bergmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 22:33:51 +0200

On Wednesday 11 July 2007, Mark A. Greer wrote:

> > +config CLASSIC32
> > +	def_bool y
> > +	depends on 6xx && PPC_MULTIPLATFORM
> 		       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Arnd, is this really what you wanted?  With it, none of the embedded
> classics have CLASSIC32 defined which means they don't get TAU or
> ALTIVEC defined which isn't good.

Sorry, this was the result of a wrong patch reordering. In my initial
patch set I ended up with 6xx == CLASSIC32 and PPC_MULTIPLATFORM=y,
but then I backed out a few patches in the middle.

I guess the best is to do another patch that moves PPC_EMBEDDED6xx into
PPC_MULTIPLATFORM again and leaves this one as it is.
Alternatively, we could kill CONFIG_CLASSIC32 entirely as it is used
only in a few places. Especially after I resubmit my CPU type selection
patch again, which allows you do it in a more fine grained way.

Which systems in particular should allow CONFIG_TAU? Is there a more
specific dependency than (6xx && !(82xx || 83xx || 86xx || 52xx))?

	Arnd <><