Subject: Re: Tickless Hz/hrtimers/etc. on PowerPC

From: [email-masked] (Tony Breeds)
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 16:41:15 +1000

On Wed, Jul 11, 2007 at 11:15:16PM +0100, Matt Sealey wrote:
 
> And I don't want to run -rt or wireless-dev for the benefit of a single
> feature. What I am after is something like Ingo Molnar throws out..
> single patches done the old way, not git trees. It's so much easier to
> handle and integrate for example into a Gentoo ebuild or to make a
> tarball of accumulated patches from a certain release kernel.

Hi Matt,
	In the near future I will have something that I can pass around
for review.  Which will be a quilt series of about 5 patches (based on
mainline).  I'll make sure to include you in the reviewers list.  At
this stage I'd hope they'll be in 2.6.24.

I have HRT in a state where you can enable it and it works, but NO_HZ
isn't quite right yet.

Yours Tony

  linux.conf.au        http://linux.conf.au/ || http://lca2008.linux.org.au/
  Jan 28 - Feb 02 2008 The Australian Linux Technical Conference!