Subject: [PATCH] powerpc: Pegasos keyboard detection

From: Alan Curry <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 21:28:32 -0400 (EDT)

As of 2.6.22 the kernel doesn't recognize the i8042 keyboard/mouse controller
on the PegasosPPC. This is because of a feature/bug in the OF device tree:
the "device_type" attribute is an empty string instead of "8042" as the
kernel expects. This patch (against 2.6.22.1) adds a secondary detection
which looks for a device whose *name* is "8042" if there is no device whose
*type* is "8042".

Signed-off-by: Alan Curry <[email-masked]>

--- arch/powerpc/kernel/setup-common.c.orig	2007-07-24 19:04:17.000000000 -0500
+++ arch/powerpc/kernel/setup-common.c	2007-07-24 19:06:36.000000000 -0500
@@ -487,6 +487,10 @@ int check_legacy_ioport(unsigned long ba
 	switch(base_port) {
 	case I8042_DATA_REG:
 		np = of_find_node_by_type(NULL, "8042");
+		/* Pegasos has no device_type on its 8042 node, look for the
+		 * name instead */
+		if (!np)
+			np = of_find_node_by_name(NULL, "8042");
 		break;
 	case FDC_BASE: /* FDC1 */
 		np = of_find_node_by_type(NULL, "fdc");