Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/3] [POWERPC] Copy over headers from arch/ppc to arch/powerpc that we need

From: Arnd Bergmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 19:05:52 +0200

On Friday 17 August 2007, Kumar Gala wrote:
> To build arch/powerpc without including asm-ppc/ we need these files
> in asm-powerpc/

Looks mostly good, but

>  include/asm-powerpc/8xx_immap.h   |  564 +++++++++++++++++
>  include/asm-powerpc/commproc.h    |  692 ++++++++++++++++++++
>  include/asm-powerpc/cpm2.h        | 1248 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>  include/asm-powerpc/gg2.h         |   61 ++
>  include/asm-powerpc/highmem.h     |  135 ++++
>  include/asm-powerpc/hydra.h       |  102 +++
>  include/asm-powerpc/immap_cpm2.h  |  648 +++++++++++++++++++
>  include/asm-powerpc/kgdb.h        |   57 ++
>  include/asm-powerpc/m8260_pci.h   |  187 ++++++

The m8260_pci.h file is not namespace clean, it defines macros like
PCI_CFG_ADDR_REG that are likely to create conflicts at some point of
time. Since the only file including this header is 
arch/powerpc/platforms/82xx/m82xx_pci.h, I'd suggest merging the two,
to make sure nobody can accidentally include it.

Some of the other files also have minor style bitrot, e.g. use of
volatile pointers, typedefs and CamelCase identifiers, though none
of them should prevent the move.

	Arnd <><