Subject: Re: [PATCH 07/20] bootwrapper: Add TARGET_HAS_ETHn tests to ppcboot.h.

From: David Gibson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 13:33:06 +1000

On Mon, Aug 20, 2007 at 12:39:52PM -0500, Scott Wood wrote:
> U-boots more recent than when ppcboot.h was forked allow the board config
> file to enable additional ethernet ports explicitly, rather than
> using a hardcoded list of targets.  This allows bootwrapper platform
> files to do the same.
> 
> Fortunately, nothing after the ethernet addresses is of interest to
> cuboot platforms, so the inevitable mismatches won't be too
> catastrophic.

Good grief.  Increases my already considerable wonderment at the fact
that anyone ever thought bd_t was an acceptable way of passing data to
the OS.
 
> Signed-off-by: Scott Wood <[email-masked]>

I can't say I'm thrilled at having two basically incompatible ways of
specifying the layout of this vital structure, but bd_t is so fscked
by design anyway, what's one more hack for convenience.

Acked-by: David Gibson <[email-masked]>

-- 
David Gibson			| I'll have my music baroque, and my code
david AT gibson.dropbear.id.au	| minimalist, thank you.  NOT _the_ _other_
				| _way_ _around_!
http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson