Subject: Re: [RFC] AmigaOne device tree source v2

From: "Gerhard Pircher" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2007 18:11:56 +0200

Hi,

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 20:12:34 +1000
> Von: David Gibson <[email-masked]>
> An: Segher Boessenkool <[email-masked]>
> CC: [email-masked]
> Betreff: Re: [RFC] AmigaOne device tree source v2

> On Mon, Sep 03, 2007 at 12:02:58PM +0200, Segher Boessenkool wrote:
> > Yeah, PCI is a special case for Linux.  Maybe add a "pciclass,XXXX"
> > compatible property though, for good measure.  Anything else isn't
> > all that useful I think.
Wouldn't that be the same as the class-code property?

> Indeed, since PCI is probable, it's unclear whether these device nodes
> are even necessary at all.  Depends on whether there's anything
> interesting in the omitted interrupt routing information.
Well, I mainly specified the device node for the IDE controller, because
it works in compatible mode and thus the IDE driver needs to know about
the I/O ports. I guess the driver doesn't probe the BARs, if the
controller is configured for compatible mode (and AFAIK a VIA IDE
controller cannot be made work in fully native mode). Also the ppc_ide_md
function hooks are considered obsolete.
The interrupts for the IDE controller are another story. Judging from
what some developers wrote on this mailing list, there doesn't seem to
be a way to define legacy IDE interrupts (14 & 15) for a PCI device node.
Therefore I'll reuse the IDE interrupt quirk for the Pegasos.

Gerhard
-- 
GMX FreeMail: 1 GB Postfach, 5 E-Mail-Adressen, 10 Free SMS.
Alle Infos und kostenlose Anmeldung: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/freemail