Subject: Re: [RFC] AmigaOne device tree source v2

From: "Gerhard Pircher" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 23:09:43 +0200

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 15:36:30 +0200
> Von: Segher Boessenkool <[email-masked]>
> An: "Gerhard Pircher" <[email-masked]>
> CC: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> Betreff: Re: [RFC] AmigaOne device tree source v2

> >> PCI legacy I/O is not direct mapped: there is no legacy I/O on a
> >> PowerPC system bus.  So, it can not be mentioned in the "ranges"
> >> property, but the PHB registers used to access it should be shown
> >> in the "reg" property.  It could be a simple linear window (it
> >> sounds like it is here?), but it could for example also be implemented
> >> via an address/data register pair.
> > Yes, it is a simple linear address window. I'll remove its address 
> > range from the reg property.
> 
> No, please remove it from the "ranges" property, instead.
What about the PCI2ISA bridge? I map the first 64k PCI I/O address space
as ISA I/O space by using a ranges property. Would that be incorrect,
too?

Gerhard

-- 
Ist Ihr Browser Vista-kompatibel? Jetzt die neuesten 
Browser-Versionen downloaden: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/browser