Subject: Re: [NEWBIE] Interrupt-problem mpc5200

From: "S. Fricke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 14:41:54 +0200

Dear Linux-enthusiasts,

I'm still at the same problem.

I have now implemented a irq_chip for the hardwired IRQ2. Now I have:

--==>
volatile static struct mpc52xx_intr __iomem *intr;
unsigned long flags;
static DEFINE_SPINLOCK(my_irq_controller_lock);

/*
 * HELPER-Function
 */
static inline void io_be_setbit(u32 __iomem *addr, int bitno)
{
    out_be32(addr, in_be32(addr) | (1 << bitno));
}

static inline void io_be_clrbit(u32 __iomem *addr, int bitno)
{
    out_be32(addr, in_be32(addr) & ~(1 << bitno));
}

/*
 * IRQ-Zeugs
 */
static void my_irq_ack(unsigned int irq)
{
    printk("%s(%s/%d):\n", __FILE__, __FUNCTION__, __LINE__);
    spin_lock_irqsave(&my_irq_controller_lock, flags);
    if(intr)
        io_be_setbit(&intr->ctrl, 25);
    spin_unlock_irqrestore(&my_irq_controller_lock, flags);
    printk("%s(%s/%d):\n", __FILE__, __FUNCTION__, __LINE__);
}

/* irq - disabled */
static void my_irq_mask(unsigned int irq)
{
    printk("%s(%s/%d):\n", __FILE__, __FUNCTION__, __LINE__);
    spin_lock_irqsave(&my_irq_controller_lock, flags);
    if(intr)
        io_be_clrbit(&intr->ctrl, 9); 
    spin_unlock_irqrestore(&my_irq_controller_lock, flags);
    printk("%s(%s/%d):\n", __FILE__, __FUNCTION__, __LINE__);
}

/* irq - enable */
static void my_irq_unmask(unsigned int irq)
{
    printk("%s(%s/%d):\n", __FILE__, __FUNCTION__, __LINE__);
    spin_lock_irqsave(&my_irq_controller_lock, flags);
    if(intr)
        io_be_setbit(&intr->ctrl, 9);
    spin_unlock_irqrestore(&my_irq_controller_lock, flags);
    printk("%s(%s/%d):\n", __FILE__, __FUNCTION__, __LINE__);
}

static struct irq_chip my_irq_chip = { 
    .typename   = "MY_IRQ_TEST",
    .ack        = my_irq_ack,
    .mask       = my_irq_mask,
    .unmask     = my_irq_unmask,
};

static int __init mod_init( void )
{
    // ...

    intr = mpc52xx_find_and_map("mpc52xx-pic");
    if(!intr) {
        panic(__FILE__ ": mpc52xx-pic - MAP failed");
    }

    set_irq_chip(MPC52xx_IRQ2, &my_irq_chip);
    a = request_irq(2, intmod_isr, IRQF_DISABLED , "intmod", INTMOD_IRQ_BOARD);
    printk("a: 0x%08x\n", a);

    // ...
}

<==--

Now my code hangs on the my_irq_unmask(...)-function on "io_be_setbit". Why?
Can anyone help me, or point me to the right newsgroup/forum?

So long!

Silvio

-- 
-- S. Fricke ----------------------------- MAILTO:[email-masked] --
   Diplom-Informatiker (FH)
   Linux-Entwicklung                       JABBER:      [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------